A great opportunity to join a fast paced, growing and innovative NZ grown brand – Onceit
We're looking for someone who has previous homeware buying experience, has a good grounding in buying constructs and pricing and has merchandising experience. You need to be analytical, procedure based and organised. You will be working closely with our sales team, existing Onceit homeware suppliers, sourcing and developing new suppliers and ranges both in NZ and internationally and building sales campaigns to drive large sell through and excitement for our members. While this role has a strong homeware focus you will from time to time work across other categories as needed.
This position is based in our office in Newmarket, Auckland, hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm.
Onceit is one of NZs fastest growing fashion and lifestyle online retailer. We source and sell premium designer products across a range of categories including fashion, apparel, homeware, furniture, accessories & beauty from local and international brands through our successful website and app. From humble beginnings, we’ve quickly grown into a business serving over 500,000 delighted members throughout NZ and Australia.
Team fit and a clear alignment with our company values are critical. We have an extraordinary and youthful team who are super-friendly. We work hard and get a lot done, but we also know how to have fun with monthly company lunches and regular killer social functions. There are great perks with this role and top of the list has to be our amazing staff buying privileges.
What you will do for us:
- Manage and build relationships with a variety of national and international brand accounts to maximize on going trade.
- Be market aware to identify new product potential and scope feasibility and potential for the Onceit market.
- Find and contact new international and national suppliers to source a variety of homeware products fit for the Onceit market.
- Negotiate the best price to achieve Onceit margins and the best sell through of product
- Make bulk buying decisions within authority limits at the best prices and best product for Onceit Members
- Work with Onceit team to assist with design of sales campaigns and uploads
We need someone with:
- A positive attitude – we mean this, we strive for a happy and energised work place
- Strong sales and negotiating skills, determination
- At least 2 years buying experience so you have a great understanding of online customers behaviour and expectations and technical terms
- Have a good eye for trends and homeware products that will sell well with our member base
- Excellent relationship building, people and social skills
- Confident with Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal literacy, high level of communication skills and the confidence to sell yourself and Onceit during face to face meetings
- Ability to network and create contact paths
- Retail pricing and margin experience/knowledge
- NZ Citizenship or residency
- A team player, can do attitude
What we will give you (currently):
- Being part of a great, friendly team
- Staff discount on Onceit products
- Fast paced and innovative envrionment
- Fun events and staff lunches every month
- Dog friendly office
- Gym membership discount
- Espresso coffee & assorted breakfast
Our Onceit Values – we will be looking for a culture fit
- Positive culture – Positive attitude, ability to overcome challenges, creating positive work environment
- Encourage creativity - advancement – improving process’ creatively
- Ship quickly, be agile, be lean – constant improvement in role and workplace
- Open communication – Clear understanding of role responsibilities and KPI’s, clear communication internally, suppliers & customers, honesty.
- Be the best at wow service – care about customers, wow stories, member ambassadors
- Make s**t happen – make Onceit more efficient, if something needs doing get it done, muck in
- Work hard, have fun – celebrate success, work hard to achieve the goal, put in the time